I had one hand permanently mangled in a freak thresher accident while processing the heirloom wheat harvested from my breakthrough urban agriculture project that rehabilitates former gang members by involving them in planting and tending rooftop plots of staple food crops. I was bummed, but not as bummed as when I then had the bones of my other hand methodically crushed by the henchmen of a ruthless local vice lord who felt threatened by the outstanding success of my breakthrough teenage guerrilla gardening rooftop starch project in bringing together the community for a positive cause.
Shortly thereafter, I lost the one hand that had been mangled (by the thresher) when I saved a classroom of preschool children from a ferocious panther on a deadly rampage near Audubon Park. Although the beast devoured my hand and three toddlers, I recognized that she but was a noble, wild creature driven to violence by the madness of this city -- thus, once I had subdued her, I smuggled her back to my house and nursed her to physical and spiritual health with a diet of fresh nutria sweetmeats and vinyasa yoga. I named her Eleanor of Aquitaine, and we became inseparable companions.Unfortunately, the very day that I was preparing to drive her to the Florida Everglades and say my bittersweet farewells, the authorities surrounded my house with multiple SWAT teams, led by a corrupt New Orleans lieutenant planning to cage Eleanor's wild spirit, extract her teeth for sale as aphrodisiacs on the Chinese black market, and sell her, post-tooth-extraction, to a sadistic traveling big cat carnival. The ensuing gun battle lasted for 36 hours and ended only when a handful of cops defected from the force, swayed by the bravery and nonlethal tactics employed by me, Eleanor (who had learned considerable restraint and mental discipline during our yoga sessions), and our street-hardened former gang member friends. I weep as I tell you that Eleanor herself gave her life as she shielded the youngest and frailest of our former gang teenagers, 14-year-old Blinky, as the police mortars rained down around us. But she died free, my friends -- she died free. As for me, I lost my one remaining hand in the shootout, after which blogging became a virtual impossibility.
...until, that is, the release of Gmail Motion this morning. It's remarkable and has allowed me to live my blog life again, but I will say that the Beta still has some kinks to be worked out. For example, what it interpreted as the text of the above three paragraphs was actually supposed to say, "Because I've been too fucking lazy to write anything".
Awesome. You and Gmail Motion Both.
ReplyDeleteThanks, AZ. Sorry I've been absent from your blog for awhile...I need to get caught up on food and Wisconsin political drama.
ReplyDeleteGmail motion really had me going in a confused rage for about 5 minutes or so, I didn't even remember what day it was. How did you like "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call-New Orleans"?
ReplyDeleteI actually haven't seen it yet -- but won't stop me from offhandedly referencing it as if I had.
ReplyDeleteHOWEVER, I did meet a dude the other day at a party who was a stuntman for Nicolas Cage in several scenes of the movie and said Werner Herzog personally directed his (the stuntman's) splashing about in a flooded room. A very nice man, he said, and friendly to everyone on the set -- but he wanted that splashing to be just so. The stuntman was also a very nice man.
Uh...Cool! Yeah I can imagine Herzog as a neurotic perfectionist, based on his movies and the fact that he actually followed through on a bet that involved eating his own shoe.
ReplyDeleteAlso, when watching the video of him eating his shoe on youtube, I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXqc8TQ15w&NR=1&feature=fvwp
ReplyDelete'pensivebosom' had already stated the best quote in the comments section.
The comment section is now nothing but a back and forth volley between people saying "Americans are bigots" and people saying "Europeans are faggots".
ReplyDelete